NID Ahmedabad 2024 Admission will be done through NID Entrance Exam 2024. NID is known as the National Institute Of Design, Ahmadabad established in the year 1961 was set up as an autonomous all-India body. It offers the best design courses at UG, PG, and research levels like B.Des., M.Des., and Ph.D. in design. Fashions institute has an active placement cell that conducts annual Industry Interface, Top-most Fashion &textile enterprises like Nali Textiles, Bharat Silks, Myntra visit. Several NGOs and Govt. sectors at the same time employ the students.
NID Ahmedabad admission 2024 is based on NID entrance exams conducted for both BDes and MDes courses. The institute offers 16 courses at the UG, PG and doctoral levels. B.Des and M.Des are the popular courses offered by NID Ahmedabad. Admission to all of the design courses will be provided on the basis of Design Aptitude Tests which will be undertaken in two stages: Design Aptitude Test, (DAT) Prelims and Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Mains. That is based on a Merit list of DAT Prelims, which qualified candidates will have to appear for DAT Mains. Below, in this article, applicants will get the detailed information regarding the NID Ahmedabad 2024 Admission dates, application form, eligibility criteria, and admission procedure, etc.
NID Ahmedabad 2024 Notification – Admission Soon
NID Ahmedabad 2024 Important Dates:
Below we have provided the schedule of NID Ahmedabad 2024 Important Dates for the candidates to refer:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|B. Des Dates||M. Des Exam|
|Release of Official Notification||22nd October 2023||22nd October 2023|
|Released of Application Form,||22nd October 2023||22nd October 2023|
|Last Date to submit Application form||22nd December 2023||22nd December 2023|
|Last Date to submit Application form with late fee||25th December 2023||25th December 2023|
|Correction Window/ Edit Option||25th – 27th December 2023||25th – 27th December 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Card (Prelims)||2nd January 2024||2nd January 2024|
|NID 2024 Exam Date (Prelims)||8th January 2024||8th January 2024|
|Release of the Result (Prelims)||30th March 2024||28th February 2024|
|DAT Prelims rechecking request||30th March – 1st April 2024||28th February – 2nd March 2024|
|Downloading of Admit Card (Mains)||14th April 2024||9th March 2024|
|Exam Date (Mains)||29th – 30th April 2024||23rd April 2024|
|Release of the Result (Mains)||18th May 2024||16th May 2024|
|Starting Date of Counseling||18th May 2024||16th May 2024|
|Last Date of Counseling||To be announced||To be announced|
NID Ahmedabad 2024 Application Form:
Below we have provided the important information regarding the application form for the reference of the applicants:
- NID Ahmedabad Admission 2024 Application Form has been Released through online mode.
- All the applicants are required to register/sign up online before going on to fill the application form at the website
- Applicants need to provide a valid e-mail address and the active mobile number while registering
- All the required details need to be filled in properly
- Once you have filled with all the details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the ‘Upload Document’ section
- Select a method of payment either one credit/debit card to pay online or demand draft to pay offline and submit to the required details
- If you’re paying via demand draft, it should be for the benefit of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi
- Address for submitting Demand Draft and a printed copy of Application Form (only in case if application fees are paid through demand draft): The Project Manager–CMS All India Management Association Management House, 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003 India.
NID Ahmedabad 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
Below we have provided the NID Ahmedabad Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria for the candidates to check before applying:
For B.Des/ Graduate Diploma
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Duration|
|B.Des.||Animation Film Design||15||passed or will appear for the qualifying examinations under the higher secondary (10+2) from any recognized Board of Education such as AISSCE/IB/ICSE, or equivalents,||4 Years|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||10|
|Film and Video Communication||10|
|Graduate Diploma||Industrial Design||passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations||4 Years|
|Textile & Apparel Design|
|Animation Film Design||15|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||10|
|Design for Retail Experience||15|
|Digital Game Design||15|
|Film and Video Communication||15|
|Lifestyle Accessory Design||15|
|New Media Design||15|
|Strategic Design Management||15|
|Toy & Game Design||10|
|Transportation & Automobile Design||15|
For Ph.D. (Full Time)
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|Ph.D. (full-time)||Design||Master’s degree in design from an accredited institution/ recognized university OR NID’s, PGDPD, AEPEP or five-year SLPEP Diploma in Design. Candidates with a master’s degree in areas relevant to design may also apply. Such candidates must have at least one recognized degree, either UG or PG, in the field of design.
Bachelor’s degree in design from an accredited institution/ recognized university OR NID’s GDPD or four-year SLPEP Diploma in Design, with at least three years of professional and/ or teaching experience.
Candidates who have successfully completed a faculty development program in design or related field (of two or more years’ duration) from NID or any other university recognized by the UGC/Institutes of National Importance. They will be treated at par with Master’s level students.
Candidates with qualifications in subjects other than design shall be entitled to apply to the Ph.D. program, provided they have at least one recognized degree, either UG or PG, in the field of design, and have a demonstrated interest in and aptitude for the study of design. They also need to pass the Design Research Test (DRT).
Candidates currently employed as design professionals should submit a letter from their employer supporting their application.
NID Ahmedabad 2024 Admissions Process:
The Institute invites applications for various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs.
In order to get the admission in mentioned courses, candidates must appear to NID Entrance Exams – DAT and DRT
- DAT ( Design Aptitude Test): This exam is compulsory for undergraduate and postgraduate candidates. The entrance is divided into two phases – Prelims and Mains, which are composed of objective and subjective questions.
- DRT (Design Research Test): This exam is compulsory for Ph.D. candidates. The entrance consists of objective and subjective questions and is wearing 100 marks in total.
Online Registration Procedure:
The admission and procedures for selecting undergraduate & postgraduate courses are done through DAT (Design Aptitude Test) considering that the admission and selection process for the doctoral courses is through DRT (Design Research Test).
Fashion candidates should go through the measures to apply to their willing courses:
- Step 1: Visit the official website (http://admissions.nid.edu) and then click on the ‘Admission’ tab or go for the direct link provided above in this article.
- Step 2: Register yourself with the correct date of birth, contact number and email id.
- Step 3: You Type A NID DAT/ DRT Login credentials and complete the form with required details
- Step 4: To Load The scanned self-attested documents such as the photograph, signature, caste certificate, and more
- Step 5: opt for The nearby examination centers and then click on the ‘Save and Proceed’
- Step 6: Make a payment depending on your course and category via credit/debit card or net banking.