UGC NET 2023 Application Form will be released from the 2nd week of March 2023 through online mode. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national level eligibility test held by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice in the year.
The test will be conducted for determining the eligibility of candidates for the post of ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges. Below in this article, we have provided the complete information regarding the latest updates on the UGC NET 2023.
UGC NET 2023 Notification: To be released
UGC NET 2023 Notification will be released soon. Click here to check Notice.
UGC NET 2023 Application Form will be released from the 2nd week of March 2023 through online mode. Click here for application form details.
UGC NET 2023 Quick Links:
|Application Form/Registration||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Centre||Click Here|
|Contact Helpline Number||Click Here|
|UGC NET Study Materials||Click Here|
UGC NET 2023 Exam Dates
Here are the complete UGC NET exam dates for 2023 examination:
|Events||Dates 2023 June session|
|Commencement of Registration process||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date of submission||Last week of April 2023|
|Correction window opens||1st week of May 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of May 2023|
|UGC NET 2023||1st week of June 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd week of June 2023|
|Announcement of Results||4th week of June 2023|
UGC NET 2023 Application Form
Below we have provided the complete details candidates need to know regarding the UGC NET 2023 application form:
- The Application form will be released through online mode.
- Applicants will be able to fill the application from the 2nd week of March 2023.
- The details filled by the candidates in the application form should be same as it appears in their 10th mark sheet, any alteration in the details can cause rejection of application form.
- Applicants must fill the application forms as per the given instruction in the information brochure.
- The application form must be filled before the last date of submission as no candidates will be allowed to submit the application form after the prescribed date.
- The last date of submission of application form will be in last week of April 2023.
- Applicants are suggested to keep the copy of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
UGC NET 2023 Application form fee can be submitted through online mode only. Candidates can use Net Banking Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI / E-Wallet for transaction of the application fee:
The application form fee for every category of candidate will be as follows:
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|UR/ General candidates||1000|
|General –EWS/ OBC – NCL candidates||500|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender candidates||250|
UGC NET 2023 Application Correction
The correction facility will be provided by the NTA for every registered applicants individually. Candidates will be able to check and edit their mistakes within the given period of correction facility.
The correction window will be opened from the 1st week of May 2023 through online mode. Candidates will have to complete the correction before the last date of correction.
UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Below we have provided the complete eligibility norms for the UGC NET 2023 Examination:
- Qualification: Candidates must have a master’s degree in relevant subject from any recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates should has scored atleast 55% marks (50% marks as OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Third gender) without roundoff.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination or whose result is still awaited can also apply for the UGC NET Exam.
- For JRF, candidates age must not be more than 31 Years and 5 years relaxation will be offered for the reserved candidates.
- There won’t be any maximum age limit for the Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Pattern
Below we have provided the complete exam pattern for the UGC NET 2023 Examination:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be held in CBT (Computer Based Test /Online) mode.
- Language: The language of question paper will be as per the selected by the candidates from Hindi and English.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers in the examination.
- Type of Questions: Question paper will consist of multiple choice, objective type of questions.
- Time Duration: The time duration for the exam will be 3 hours.
- Questions: There will be total of 150 questions in the paper.
- Marks: Question paper will be of total 300 marks
- Marking Pattern: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the paper.
Below we have provided the complete pattern for the question paper:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 questions|
UGC NET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for every course will be different and will be based on the related UG and PG academic year. Candidates will be able to check the complete syllabus from the information bulletin of UGC NET 2023.
Students have to check the NTA website to know complete UGC NET Syllabus online on the website.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions): Regarding UGC NET
Question: When will be the UGC NET Application Form released?
Ans: In UGC NET 2023 there are 2 sessions of examination the July and December session. The July session form will be released within the 1st week of March and the December Session application form will be released within the 1st week of Sep.
Question: What is the Application Form fee of UGC NET?
Ans: The registration fee of UGC NET 2023 is as per category like gen class is INR 1000/-, for OBC- NCL candidates is INR 500/- and for ST/SC/PwD candidates is INR 250/-.
Question: What is the final date of filling UGC NET application form?
Ans: The last date of filling UGC NET form for each the session is till the second week of April 2010 for July session and for Dec session it’s till last week of Sep 2023.
Question: When is the UGC NET entrance examination for July session conducted?
Ans: The UGC NET entrance examination for July session are conducted on the second week of July 2023.
Question: Is there any negative marking within the UGC NET examination?
Ans: In UGC NET 2023 entrance examination there’ll be no negative marking.
Question: What is the max age limit to attend for UGC NET exam?
Ans: Candidate ought to be of thirty years of age will appearing the exam. above thirty years of an aged candidate won’t be allowed to appear within the exam.
UGC NET 2023 Admit Card
Admit card will be released by the NTA for every successfully registered candidate individually through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the third week of May 2023 by login into the website of exam conducting authority.
The admit card will be the important documents to be carried out for the day of examination, as no candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination without their valid admit card.
UGC NET 2023 Answer Key
Answer Key will be released by the official authority after few days from the conduction of examination. Candidates will be able to check the answer key from 2nd week of June 2023 through the website. UGC NET Answer key 2023 will contain the correct answers of every asked questions in the examination.
Official authority will release the answer key with the objection facility. Candidates can submit their objection on the answer key within the prescribed date. The final answer key will be released after the completion of objection facility.
UGC NET 2023 Result
UGC NET Result will be prepared on the basis of final answer key. Official authority will release the result for every exam participated candidates individually through online mode. Candidates will be able be to check the result from the 4th week of June 2023.
The result will contain the performance of candidates in the entrance exam. Authority will not send any result to any candidates individually through by post or any other offline mode. Candidates will have to download their result by themselves through login into the website of authority.
Steps to Download the UGC NET 2022 Result:
Login the official web site.
Click the Result tab on the homepage.
Enter the Seat # & DOB and click on enter.
The result can open in a new page.
Save the document first the print it.
UGC NET 2023 Cut Off
The cut off will be the minimum marks candidates will have to score in the examination to be eligible for admission in offered programs. Candidates will be able to check the complete cut off marks from the website of admission authority.
UGC NET 2023 cut off will be prescribed on the basis of various factors including the level of examination, number of registered candidates for admission etc. The cut off will be released on the basis of reserved and unreserved categories. Candidates will have to score more than cut off marks to be eligible for admission.
UGC NET 2023 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for the post of Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor will be based on the reservation policy of government of India. The procedure will be regulated for the successfully qualified candidates from the entrance exam.
Candidates will be shortlisted for the profile of Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor on the basis of their rank in the category wise merit list.