GATE 2023 CCMT National Spot Round Result has been released on 17th August 2023. COAP Admission Offers for additional round 12 has been released. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level engineering entrance exam. Every year it is being organized by IISC Bangalore and seven IIT’s. GATE 2023 has been conducted by IIT, Kanpur.
Through this exam, the qualified applicants get admission into master’s & direct doctoral programs in the field of Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology/ Arts & Science, etc. Qualification in GATE is a compulsory exam for looking to get admission in various institutions. Also, GATE scores are used by many PSUs for their recruitment procedure. In this blog, we have given complete information regarding GATE 2023 application form, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, etc.
GATE 2023 Notifications – Allotment Released (NSR)
Get complete updates of GATE 2023 Admission & Counselling procedure from here. Click here to view details.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
GATE 2023 National Spot Round Allotment Result has been released on 17th August 2023. Click here to get allotment.
GATE 2023 CCMT Special Round Counselling Registration has been started from 25th July 2023. Click here to register.
Subscribe for You tube Channel NTA Exam Guide For Latest Updates. Click Here To Subscribe.
GATE 2023 Important Dates:
Students can check complete GATE Exam dates for session 2023 in the below section:
|Notification releases||27th July 2022|
|Application form starts||30th August 2022|
|Last date to apply||7th October 2022|
|Last date to register with late fee||16th October 2022|
|Modification||8th to 14th November 2022|
|Rectification in form||Till 28th December 2022|
|Admit card releases||9th January 2023|
|GATE 2023 Exam||4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023|
|Response||15th February 2023|
|Answer Key releases||21st February 2023|
|Submission of challenge||22nd to 25th February 2023|
|Result declaration||16th March 2023|
|COAP Counselling||18th March 2023|
|Score card availability||21st March 2023|
GATE Application Form 2023:
Below we have provided complete information about GATE 2023 Application form:
- The application form can be filled through GOAPs portal online.
- The application process will consist of various steps – Online Registration, filling of personal, academic & other details, uploading of images/ documents, payment of application fee, etc.
- Applicants must go through complete instructions provided for registration before filling the application form.
- Last date of submission of application form will be till 4th October 2022 (without late fee). With late fee, Applicants can register online till 7th October 2022.
- Entire process of application including uploading of images/ documents will be done through online mode. Sending of hard copy of application or documents to authority is not required.
- There will be 29 subjects (papers) in GATE 2023. Applicants can appear for one or two papers.
- Applicants must fill only one application form even if he/ she is appearing for two papers. More than one application forms will get rejected.
- Applicants will be provided correction facility till 2nd week of November 2022 in the category, paper & exam city by paying additional fee.
- After completion of application process, students must take printout of the application form for further reference.
- Application Fee for various categories and centres can be checked in the below given table:
- Payment mode: Application fee payment can be done through online mode using debit /credit card/ net banking/ wallet.
- The application fee is non-refundable or transferable.
|For Exam Centres in India||Application Fee (Regular Period)||During the Extended Period (Application fee + late fee)|
|Female Applicants||Rs. 850||Rs. 1350|
|SC/ST/PwD category Applicants||Rs. 850||Rs. 1350|
|All other Applicants||Rs. 1700||Rs. 2200|
|For Foreign nationality/ NRIs|
|Exam Centres in India||Rs. 1700||Rs. 2200|
GATE Application Correction 2023:
Applicants can make correction during correction period In case of mistakes in application details while filling the application form. GATE application correction window will open after the completion of registration process.
Students are suggested to make correction in the application before the last date of correction. Applicants will be able to make changes in category, paper and exam city with additional fee payment till 2nd week of November 2022.
No correction facility will be provided after the last date. Failing to make correction in application form will lead to rejection of application form.
GATE Papers & Codes:
|Architecture & Planning||AR||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Bio medical Engineering||BM||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Chemistry||CY||Production & Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology & Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES||Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|
|Geology & Geophysics||GG||Geomatics Engineering||GE|
|Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering||NM|
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023:
Below we have provided the complete GATE Eligibility criteria for the applicants to check before filling application form:
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Applying candidate must have completed or currently studying in 3rd year or higher years of UG degree course in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Commerce/ Arts/ Science.
- There is no age limit to appear for GATE exam.
Course -Wise Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants can go through the complete course wise eligibility criteria in the below given table:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/ Examinations||Eligibility||Year of Qualification not later than|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 OR 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2023|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)/ Naval Architecture (4 years course)/ Planning (4 years course)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024 (for 5 year) & 2023 (for 4 year)|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2023|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||Degree holder of 6 years program, consisting of internship OR residency training. during 3rd year onwards||Currently in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year OR already completed||2025|
|MBBS||Degree holders of M.B.B.S. and those who are in the 5th/ 6th/ 7th semester OR higher semester of such programme.||5th, 6th, 7th OR higher semester OR already completed||2023|
|M. Sc./ M.A./ MCA
|Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications/ Arts or equivalent||Currently in the first year OR higher OR already completed||2023|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech.
|Post- BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year OR already completed||2025|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or
(after Diploma or 10+2)
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 3rd/ 4th/ 5th year OR already completed||2024|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. OR 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher OR already completed||2023|
|B.Sc/ B.Com/ B.A||Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Arts/ Commerce/ Science (3 years program)||Currently in the 3rd year OR already completed||2023|
Examinations (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch.)
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A OR equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE Exam Pattern 2023:
Below we have provided the complete details regarding the GATE Exam pattern:
- Examination Mode: GATE exam will be held in online CBT mode.
- Number of subjects/ papers: In GATE exam there will be 29 papers.
- Number of Sections: There will be two sections in paper – General Aptitude (GA) & Candidate’s selected subject.
- Type of Questions: There will be some multiple-choice questions (MCQs). While the remaining questions will include multiple select questions (MSQs) and/ or numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 65 questions in the paper. 10 questions in GA section and 55 questions in candidate’s selected subject.
- Time Duration: The paper will be of 3 hours duration.
- Maximum Marks: Paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Questions in paper will be of 1 and 2 marks. There will be negative marking in MCQs for each incorrect answer chosen. In MCQs section, 1/3 mark will be deducted for 1-mark MCQ and likewise 2/3 mark will be deducted for 2-mark MCQ. There will be no negative marking for incorrect option chosen in MSQ & NAT section.
Check detailed marks distribution in the below given table:
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) section||Subject Marks||Total Marks|
|AR, AE, BT, AG, CH, CE, CY, CS, EE, EC, EY, ES, MA, IN, MN, ME, PE, MT, PI, PH, ST, TF & BM||15||85||100|
|GG (Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics))||15||25 + 60||100|
|XE (Section A + Any two sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|XH (Section B1 + Any one section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100|
|XL (Section P + Any two sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
GATE Syllabus 2023:
GATE Syllabus 2023 for various subjects/ papers can be checked through online mode on the website. Applicants must go through the complete syllabus provided on the website of GATE.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- KSRM 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNIOT 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village, Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNA University 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School, Ahmedabad| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
We have provided below some of the topics which come under various GATE subjects/ papers. To know about complete GATE Syllabus, check here:
Bio-medical Engineering (BM): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Measurements and Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Sensors and Bioinstrumentation, Measurements and Control Systems, Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biomaterials, Medical Imaging Systems.
Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Construction and Management, Building Materials, Environmental Planning and Design, Building and Structure, etc.
Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Algebra, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Electronic Devices, Signals and Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
Chemical Engineering (CH): Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, etc.
Petroleum Engineering (PE): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.
Statistics (ST): Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
Recommended Books for GATE 2023:
Applicants who will participate in the upcoming GATE 2023 Examination can refer to these books mentioned below. Important books for the preparation of the entrance exam are as follows;
GATE Admit Card 2023:
Applicants will be able to download GATE Admit Card through online mode. It will be available for downloading from 3rd January 2023. The authority will not send any printed copy of admit card to applicants by post.
Complete instructions and exam details like exam centre, date, time, etc. will be mentioned in the admit card. No requests for changes in exam centre, date/ time mentioned in admit card will be entertained by the authority. Students are advised to go through complete details provided in the hall ticket before appearing for the exam.
GATE Answer Key 2023:
GATE Answer key will be released on the official website from 3rd week of February 2023. Along with the answer key, the question papers & candidate’s responses will be also provided on the website.
The authority will first provide the provisional answer key through which applicants will be able to check the correct answers and make objections in case of any discrepancy in the key.
The objection against the answer key can be made by the students for a certain time period with certain payment of fee.
GATE Result 2023:
Applicants can check GATE Result from the website on 17th March 2023. The results will be out through online mode after the final evaluation of exam papers. Applicants will be able to check their results by entering their login details in the GOAPs portal.
The result will show the candidate’s performance of the entrance exam and tell the qualifying status of the candidate. Applicants must keep their downloaded result card safely with them till the completion of admission procedure.
GATE Scorecard 2023:
GATE Scorecards will be released on the website for downloading few days after the declaration of result. Only the qualified Applicants will be able to obtain it from GOAPs portal. It will be available for downloading free of cost in last week of March 2023.
Applicants are suggested to keep the softcopy of scorecard safely for any further reference in future. The scorecard will be valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of result. There is no provision for issue of hardcopies of GATE scorecard.
GATE Counselling 2023:
After the declaration of results, a centralized counselling will be organized by CCMT. GATE Counselling process will start in the month of April 2023. For the participation of the qualified Applicants in GATE counselling, the Applicants must pay the counselling fee first.
The centralized counselling process of GATE will be carried out in three stages – Online registration, choice filling & locking of choices, online seat allotment, seat acceptance fee payment & physical reporting at centre and admission to allotted institute.
GATE Admission 2023:
After participating in the counselling process, the qualified Applicants will be required to download their provisional admission letter (PAL). The admission letter will mention the name of institution and other details where Applicants have to report for admission.
On the day of reporting, the students have to carry their all the documents/ certificates for verification. Students have to submit their admission fee & carry out other admission activities as prescribed by the respective institution.