NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria (Revised), Qualification, Upper Age Limit (Removed)
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 for the coming year 2023 is given below. National Testing Agency (NTA), the regulative body for NTA NEET 2023 is going to be determinant of the NTA NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria for the first time from 2020. Aspirants of NTA NEET 2023 seeking admission to the medical, dental, and AYUSH courses at the undergraduate level are advised to check the Eligibility Criteria of NTA NEET 2023.
NTA NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria is the set of parameters that applicants have to fulfill before applying for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria specifies the rules and guidelines related to the qualifying exam, required pass percentage for NEET exam, nationality, age limit to apply, number of attempts, and get other related information from this article.
Applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before the starting of NEET registration 2023 to know whether they are eligible or not. Read detailed information about NEET 2023 eligibility criteria for medical admission conditions, code, eligibility criteria, and other information.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- MIT WPU, Pune | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Bennett University, Noida| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- UPES, Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Dayananda Sagar College, Bengaluru | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- JECRC University, Gujarat | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
Who is Eligible to take NEET 2023?
Citizens of India, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and Overseas Citizens can appear for the NEET 2023 exam.
Applicants who successfully register themselves within the last dates, by satisfying the NEET eligibility criteria, are eligible.
Qualifying NEET 2023 is compulsory for applicants who need to enroll and grant study in medical courses.
NEET is now also mandatory for applicants who want to study medicine abroad but need to come back to India for practice.
NOTE: Subscribe to our Channel NEET Exam Guide Specially For NEET Examination. Click Here To Visit Channel.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria Overview:
|Aptitude Test for NEET 2023||
Candidates Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as main subjects from a recognized Board.
Applicants who have appeared in class 12 or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply for NEET.
|Minimum age limit for NEET 2023||Candidates should have completed 17 years as on 31st December, 2023.|
|Maximum Age Limit*||There is no upper age limit.|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals|
|What is the maximum number of attempts for NEET exam?||There is no restriction on the maximum effort of the applicants.|
|Qualifying marks||UR – 50%,
OBC/SC/ST – 40%,
PWD – 45%
(minimum aggregate marks only for PCB subjects)
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 Age Requirement:
The main concern of every aspirant regarding eligibility, for appearing in the medical entrance test, is the NEET age limit. To appear for NEET 2023, applicants must be of 17 years of age either at the time of admission or on or before December 31, 2023.
The decision of the upper age limit of NEET 2023 has been challenged in the Supreme Court. The aspirants are allowed to appear for the examination and admission, pending the decision of the court.
Category-Wise Age Criteria for NEET:
Date of Birth for Minimum Age
For Unreserved Category (UR) candidates
Candidates born on or before 31st December 2005
For SC / ST / OBC candidates
NEET 2023 Qualifying Marks:
- Applicants must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually in the qualifying examination which is 10+2 or equivalent.
- Unreserved category applicants must have secured at least required percentage of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in their class 12th or HSC examination.
- SC/ ST or OBC (OBC) applicants must have secured at least 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology in the aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Persons with immobility of lower limbs must have secured at least 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology for SC-PH/ ST-PH/ OBC-PH.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Minimum Required Percentage:
|Category||Minimum Marks Required for NEET 2023|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Know Qualifying Code
While filling the application form, applicants will be asked to choose the NEET 2023 eligibility code for the qualifying examination. Check below details about NEET eligibility code.
- Code 01: Applicants who’ll appear in their class 12 board exam in 2023 and waiting for their board result they’ve to elect this law. However, by the time of admission, similar applicants must have passed their class 12 as per specified criteria, failing which they will be ineligible.
- Code 02: Applicants who are studying in Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination or Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), which is equivalent to Class 12 examination and comes after 12 years of study period, they’ve to elect this code Will befall. As per the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT), the last two years of this study should consist of science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and Mathematics or any other optional subject with English. applicants who have passed class 12 on or before the year 2021 and haven’t done any other course after completion of class 12 have to elect this code.
- Code 03: Applicants who have successfully completed their Intermediate/Pre-Degree examination in Science from an Indian University/ Board or other recognized body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and have completed in English they’ve to choose this code. The syllabus should consist of practical examination of science subjects. applicants who have completed class 12 or its equivalent qualifying examination from a state board also have to choose for this code.
- Code 04: Applicants who have completed pre-professional/pre medical examination after passing Higher Secondary Examination orPre-University or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English shall use this code while applying. will have to choose., The Pre-Professional/Pre-Medical examination should include practical tests in these subjects and also English as a mandatory subject.
- Code 05: Applicants who are pursuing three years degree course from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology as mandatory subjects and have passed in the first year including practical test in these subjects, they’re needed to choose this code. Applicants should note that the qualifying examination then should be a university level exam and applicants should have passed the earlier qualifying examination 10 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as a main course.
- Code 06: Applicants who have passed B.Sc examination from Indian University with at least two subjects out of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-Technology will have to elect this code during the application process. Will have to do In addition, they must have passed the earlier qualifying examination (10 2) with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Code 07: Applicants who have passed any other examination which is of Scope and Standard (10 2 study of last two years including Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology including practical examination in these subjects)) is found equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/ Board, this code has to be selected. applicants who have completed a qualifying examination from an overseas are also needed to fill in this code.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria for NRI/Foreign Students:
- Applicants who have completed their education from outside the country and wish to appear for the medical UG entrance exam must meet the basic NEET eligibility criteria.
- The final examination passed by these applicants should be equivalent to class 12 qualification in their respective country.
- Applicants must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have passed theory & practical exam in each of these subjects along with English in the qualifying examination.
ALSO READ: NEET EXAM PATTERN 2023.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 Number of Attempts:
Based on the emendations to NEET eligibility criteria in 2018, the officials have removed the restriction on the number of attempts for NEET. So there’s no restriction on the number of attempts for NEET 2023. Now applicants will be allowed to appear in the NEET exam as numerous times as they want, if they’re eligible.