IIT JAM 2022 Offer Letters have been released from various admitting institutions. Fourth Admission List & Cut Off has been released. The Joint Admission Test for Master’s (JAM 2022) is the national level entrance examination held by the various Indian Institute of Sciences and IITs in a rotational shift. This year’s examination will be held by the IIT, Roorkee.
The exam will be held for the Applicants willing to get admission in full-time M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programs at the IISc. Below in this article, we have provided the complete detailed information Applicants need to know regarding IIT JAM 2022 Admission.
IIT JAM 2022 Notifications – Offer Letters Available
IIT JAM 2022 Offer Letters have been released from various admitting institutions through login. Click Here to get offer letters.
Note: Candidates who have offer letters should report to the admitting institute with required documents.
IIT JAM 2022 Opening & Closing Rank Cut Off for 4th Round Admission has been released on 6th July 2022. Click Here to View Cut Off Ranks.
IIT JAM 2022 4th & Final Admission List has been released on 6th July 2022, the last date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Candidate Portal is July 8, 2022 (5:00 PM). Click Here to View Admission List through login.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Dates:
Below we have provided the complete exam dates of IIT JAM 2022:
|Released of online application form||25th August 2021|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||14th October 2021|
|Last date to pay the application fee||17th October 2021|
|Start of correction form||20th to 25th October 2021|
|Admit card downloading||4th January 2022|
|IIT JAM 2022 exam date||13th February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Answer Key||March 2022|
|Declaration of result||22nd March 2022|
|Score Card released||1st April to 31st July 2022|
|Submission of application for admission||11th to 25th April 2022|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||4th May 2022|
|Declaration of first admission list||1st June 2022|
|Declaration for 2nd admission list||16th June 2022|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||25th June 2022|
|Declaration of 4th admission list||5th July 2022|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2022||11th July 2022|
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form:
Below we have provided the complete details regarding the IIT JAM Application form 2022:
- The Application form will be released through online mode.
- Applicants must have to fulfill their eligibility before applying for the examination, as only eligible applicants will be allowed to participate in the examination.
- The Application Form has been released on 25th August 2021.
- Applicants must have to submit the application form with correct and valid details only though the authority will provide the correction facility later.
- The IIT JAM correction facility is applicable from 20th October to 25th October 2021 for a few fields only.
- Applicants must submit the application form before 14th October 2021, as the official authority will not accept any application form after the last date of submission.
- Applicants should keep a copy of the filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee can only be submitted through online mode. Applicants are able to pay the application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking gateways.
Below we have provided the IIT JAM 2022 Application fee category and paper wise:
|Group/ Category||Application Fee|
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria 2022:
Below we have provided the eligibility norms for IIT JAM 2022 Examination:
- Nationality: Both Indian, as well as Foreign national Applicants, can apply for IIT JAM 2022.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying Applicants should be bachelor’s degree holders in a relevant field with minimal educational qualifications (MEQs) from any recognized university.
- Required Marks: As per the new changes made in the eligibility requirement, the percentage of aggregate marks or CGPA/ CPI in qualifying degree has been relaxed to JUST PASS. Students are required to submit their proof of passing the qualifying degree by 30th September 2022.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the final examination of bachelor’s in 2022 can also apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
Minimum Marks: As per the new changes announced in the eligibility requirement for IIT JAM 2022, the percentage marks /CGPA/ CPI obtained in the qualifying degree is relaxed now to JUST PASS to be eligible to apply for IIT JAM 2022.
IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card:
Admit card is an important document to be carried out in the examination hall as no Applicants will be allowed to participate in the examination without admit card. The admit card will be released on 4th January 2022.
IIT JAM Admit Card will be released by the official authority through online mode. Applicants will be able to download their admit card by login into the official website of the exam conducting authority.
The official authority will not send any admit card to any Applicants individually through post or any other offline mode. Applicants are advised to keep the admit card safe till the completion of the admission procedure.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern:
Below we have provided the complete IIT JAM exam pattern:
- No. of Questions: There will be 60 questions in the question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The total of 3 hours will be provided to the applicants to complete the examination.
- Question Type: Questions will be in multiple-choice (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical answer type (NAT).
- Language: It will be asked in the English language only.
- Mode: The examination will be held online mode by CBT mode.
- Papers: There will be a total of 7 subjects including the newly added paper of Economics in last year.
- Total Marks: The question paper contains a total of 100 marks.
- NegativeMarking: Negative marking will be only for section I.
Below we have provided the complete section-wise information of the IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern:
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple-choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple-choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2022 Syllabus:
The syllabus of IIT JAM 2022 will be comprised of all relevant science subjects. The questions will be asked from Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, etc.
Download FREE PDF for IIT JAM Syllabus:
|SUBJECTS||DOWNLOAD FREE PDF Here|
|PHYSICS (PH)||CLICK HERE|
|MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS (MS)||CLICK HERE|
|MATHEMATICS (MA)||CLICK HERE|
|GEOLOGY (GG)||CLICK HERE|
|ECONOMICS (EN)||CLICK HERE|
|CHEMISTRY (CY)||CLICK HERE|
|BIOTECHNOLOGY (BT)||CLICK HERE|
Below we have provided the subject wise IIT JAM 2022 syllabus:
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry, physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
The chemistry section will contain the questions from solid-state, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, mathematical concepts, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, theory of gases, electrochemistry, main group elements, bioinorganic chemistry, the basic concept of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical bonding and shapes, chemical thermodynamics etc. topics.
It includes probability, matrix, random variables, differential and integral calculus, sequence and series, estimation, limit theorem, joint distributions, sampling distributions, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory, sequence and series, real number, etc.
It has the topics such as mathematical methods, kinetic theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, oscillation waves and optics, electricity and mechanism, mechanics and general properties of matter, solid-state physics, devices and electronics, modern physics, etc.
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, paleontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology, mineralogy, etc.
IIT JAM 2022 Preparation Tips:
Below we have provided some effective IIT JAM preparation tips for better preparation:
- Avoid any kinds of distraction and keep your focus on the study.
- Make a proper study plan and follow it strictly.
- Visit the Exam pattern and Syllabus carefully.
- Keep the proper balance between games and study.
- Go through the mock tests and previous year’s question papers.
IIT JAM 2022 Answer Key:
The Answer key will be released after a few days from the completion of the examination. Applicants will be able to check their final answer key from March 2022 through the official website of the exam conducting authority.
The Answer Key will contain all the correct answers to every asked question in the examination. As the final Result of IIT JAM 2022 will be prepared on the basis of the final answer key so, with the help of the Answer key, Applicants will be able to predict their marks even before the declaration of the result.
IIT JAM 2022 Result:
The result will be released by the official authority through online mode. Applicants will be able to download their results from the 22nd March 2022. Applicants can download their scorecard from 1st April to 31st July 2022.
Authority will not send any result to any Applicants individually through post or any other offline mode. Applicants will have to download themselves by entering their Enrolment ID/ Email ID and Password.
Authority will release the result for every exam participated Applicant individually. Applicants are suggested to keep their result safe till the completion of the admission procedure as the result will be the important document at the time of counseling.
IIT JAM 2022 Merit List:
The merit list will be released by the official authority after a few days from the declaration of the result. IIT JAM merit list 2022 will be released at All Indian levels. For each test paper, the authority will assign an All India Rank (AIR) to the Applicants based on their performance in the test paper.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of various aspects including the average marks scored by Applicants, category of Applicants, etc. The priority in the admission will be given to the top rank holder first.
IIT JAM 2022 Cut Off:
The Cut off marks will be the minimum marks released by the official authority for the applicants of every category separately. Each Applicant will have to score the above marks (As per their category) to be eligible for the counseling procedure.
After the declaration of cut-off marks, the authority will call the Applicants for participating in the counseling procedure. The counseling will be conducted on the basis of the Applicants’ AII India Rank (AIR) rank.
IIT JAM 2022 Counselling:
The Counselling Procedure will be held by the official authority from 11h April 2022. The counseling procedure will be held for every exam qualified Applicants through online mode.
The official authority will hold the counseling procedure in various rounds based on the seats available after each round of counseling. The Admission in offered programs will be provided on the basis of the Applicant’s rank in the rank list.
Each Applicant will have to report physically in the allotted centers to fulfill their admission otherwise allotted seat will be referred to another eligible applicant. In order to confirm the admission, Applicants will have to complete all the formalities including the Document verification, Fee Payment, etc.
IIT JAM 2022 Contact Number/ Helpline Number:
Organizing Chair, JAM 2022
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee – 247667, Uttarakhand, India
Email: [email protected]
Phone No.: (01332) 284531
Monday to Friday
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM
(Government working days only)