IIST Admission 2022 Application Form can be filled till 26th May 2022 for PG Course. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) helds a national level admission procedure for applicants willing to get admission in offered programs of IIST. The admission procedure will be held on the basis of various national level entrance exams like JEE Advanced and GATE.
Through this admission procedure, IIST will select the applicantsfor admission in the seats of various UG and PG programs of Space Science and Technology at IIST campuses. Below in this article, we have provided the detailed information applicants needs to know regarding the IIST 2022 Admission Procedure.
Below we have provided the list of programmes offered by the IIST:
For UG Courses:
- 4-Year B.Tech. ( Aerospace Engineering )
- 4-Year B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics))
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology
For PG Courses:
- M.Tech in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- M.Tech in Structures and Design
- M.Tech in Thermal and Propulsion
- M.Tech in Control Systems
- M.Tech in Digital Signal Processing
- M.Tech. in RF and Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech in VLSI and Microsystems
- M.Tech in Power Electronics
- M.Tech in Materials Science & Technology
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.Tech in Earth System Sciences
- M.Tech in Geoinformatics
- M.Tech. in Machine Learning and Computing
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech in Solid State Technology
IIST 2022 Notification: Application Released
IIST 2022 Online Application Form for PG Admission can be filled till 26th May 2022. Click Here to Apply Online.
IIST 2022 Online Application Form for UG Admission will be released in May 2022. The link will be Provided Here.
IIST Admission 2022 Dates:
Below we have provided the complete tentative dates for UG and PG IIST admission procedure:
For Under Graduate (UG) courses
|Important Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|Date of availability of the Brochure Courses Admission Dates||May 2022|
|Date of availability of the online application form||May 2022|
|Date of submission of the online application form||June 2022|
|Due Date of remitting the application fee in the bank||June 2022|
|Date of release of the Rank list||June 2022|
|Date of commencement of the counseling session||July 2022|
For Post Graduate (PG) courses
|Important Event||Dates (Announced)|
|Date of availability of the online application form||30th April 2022|
|Date of submission of the online application forms||26th May 2022|
|Display of shortlisted candidates for the branches which have GATE as well as online interview||7th June 2022|
|Display of shortlisted rank list for PG programmes which is based on only GATE score||8th June 2022|
|Fee payment of First Allotment||10th June 2022|
|Interview for candidates||13th – 21st June 2022|
|Display of rank list||28th June 2022|
|Reporting date at the Institution||29th July 2022|
|Classes begins for all PG Programmes||1st August 2022|
|Last Allotment for PG Admission 2022||12th August 2022|
|PG Admission Closes||16th August 2022|
For Ph. D. courses (January Session)
|Important Event||Tentative Dates|
|Date of availability of the online application form||December 2021|
|Date of submission of the online application forms||December 2021|
|Date of submission of the payment of the application fee||December 2021|
|Date of interview round / Test for the shortlisted applicants||December 2021|
|Date of Interview round||December 2021|
|Date of release of the selected applicants||December 2021|
|Date of commencement of the session||January 2022|
IIST Admission Application Form 2022:
Below we have provided the complete details with some instruction regarding the filling of IIST 2022 Application Form:
- The Application form can only be filled through online mode.
- The registration process for UG courses will be held by the 1st week of June 2022 to 3rd week of June 2022.
- For PG courses, the registration process will begin from the 2nd week of April 2022 to last week of April 2022.
- Applicants will have to fill the application form within the given time period.
- The application form will be available for eligible Applicants only, so Applicants must confirm their eligibility before applying.
- The details filled by the Applicants in the application form must be authentic any alteration in the application form could cause rejection of application form.
- Applicants are suggested to keep the copy of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
Registration Fee payment for IIST 2022 Application form can be done through e-payment mode only.
Below we have provided the application fee for every category:
|For male, General/ EWS/ OBC- NCL||Rs. 600|
|For Females, SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 300|
IIST Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022:
Below we have provided the complete list of Eligibility Criteria’s Applicants must fulfill to be eligible for the IIST 2022 Admission:
For UG Courses:
- Age Limit: Applicants must be born on or after 1st October 1997 and 5 year relaxation will be provided to the reserved category Applicants.
- Qualification: Applicants should have passed 10+2 intermediate or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Marks: Applicants should have obtained at least 75% (65%for SC/ ST category) of aggregate.
- Subjects: Applicants should have passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory subjects in qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Applicants must have valid score in JEE Advanced 2022.
- Citizenship: Applicants must be the citizen of India.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: Age limit of Applicants must not exceeding the 32 years. There will be age relaxation for reserved category Applicants.
- Qualification: Applicants must B.Tech/ B.E. / M.Sc. degree holder from any recognized institution.
- Marks Criteria: Applicants must have scored minimum of 60% (55% for reserved category Applicants) marks in their qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Applicants must have valid score of GATE, UGC NET/ JEST exam.
IIST Admission Rank List 2022:
IIST will release the merit list after few days from the completion of registration process. Official authority will release the merit list for those eligible Applicants who will successfully register themselves and pay the registration fee. Authority will release the category wise merit list for every candidate.
The Merit list will contain the names of Applicants those are selected for the admission procedure. The IIST 2022 admission procedure will be held on the basis of rank of the applicants in the merit list. Applicants can access the merit list through the official website of authority.
IIST Admission Cut Off 2022:
Official authority will release the cut off marks for every registered candidate on the basis of their category. Each candidate will have to score more than the cut off marks prescribed for their category. On the basis of cut off mark’s, authority will shortlist the Applicants for final admission procedure.
Applicants will be able to access the complete category wise cut off list through the website of admission regulating authority. For the ease of Applicants, we will also provide the complete cut off list with the direct link of the website of admission authority.
IIST Counselling 2022:
The counselling procedure will be held by the IIST for selected applicants only. Applicants will have to select their preference of courses and IIST campuses and then official authority will provide the seats to the Applicants on the basis of their rank and vacant seats.
Applicants will have to reach at the allotted center within given time period for confirming their admission. Applicants will have to complete all the formalities for confirming their admission including paying the semester fee.
Applicants will also gonna need some document at the time of counselling. Following are the complete list of required documents for the counselling procedure:
- Class X certificate OR birth certificate.
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) mark sheets (for those who appeared for this examination in 2020 and/or 2021).
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2020 and/or 2021).
- Category (EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PD) certificates.
- Transfer Certificate from the institute last attended.
- Candidate’s AADHAR Card.
IIST Contact Number/Helpline Number:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547
Phone: +91 (471) 2568477, 2568478
Fax: +91 (471) 2568556
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 (471) 2568418, 2568618
Fax: +91 (471) 2568556
Email: [email protected]