CLAT 2022 Admit Card will be released in June 2022. CLAT 2022 Exam Dates have been Revised now, the Exam will be held on 19th June 2022 And the same year Exam will be held on 18th December 2022 for CLAT-2023. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes provided by the 22 national law universities across the countries.
The CLAT exam is held every year by the consortium of National Law universities every year in the month of May. Every year hige number of students apply from across the country to get admission in to the NLU’s. Below in this article we have provided complete information regarding CLAT 2022 application process, exam dates, eligibility criteria and other details.
CLAT 2022 Notification: Admit Card Releasing Soon
| CLAT 2022 Admit Card will be available in June 2022. The link will be Provided Here.
The candidates who have already submitted their application but have not yet paid the fees, are allowed to make the payment and complete the ‘registration’ till 11:59 PM on Wednesday, 11th May 2022. Click Here to View Notice.
CLAT 2022 Exam Date has been revised. Now, the exam will be held on 19th June 2022. CLAT 2023 also will be held on 18th December 2022 in the same year. Check for exam date details below.
CLAT 2022 Exam Dates
Below we have provided the tentative exam dates for the CLAT 2022 examination:
|Application starts||1st January 2022|
|Application ends||9th May 2022|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2022|
|Exam Date||19th June 2022|
|Result Date||4th week of June 2022|
|Counselling begins||1st week of July 2022|
CLAT Application Form 2022:
- The application form of CLAT 2022 has been released.
- Applicants can fill the CLAT 2022 application form only through the online mode.
- At the time of registration, applicants must provide valid/ working email ID & phone number in the application form.
- While filling the form applicants have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format and size.
- Applicants will also be provided a correction facility to make the necessary changes in the application form.
- After filling the form applicants are suggested to take the copy of the filled application form.
- The application fees for CLAT is Rs. 4000 for GEN/OBC/PWD category applicants.
- For SC/ST category applicants the application form fees is Rs. 3500.
- The fee can be paid using online mode only (Debit/credit card or Net Banking)
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2022:
Applicants must check following CLAT eligibility criteria before applying for exam:
UG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Applicants must qualify 12th board examination from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: General/ OBC category applicants must score 45% marks in the qualifying exam & applicants with SC/ ST category must score 40% marks in order to be eligible.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible for the examination. In this case, applicants also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
PG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Applicants must have qualified LLB or any other qualifying examination to be eligible for the examination.
- Percentage: General category applicants must score minimum 50% marks, 45% for reserved category applicants to be eligible for the examination.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the qualifying exam will be also eligible for the examination. In this case, applicants will also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2022:
Below we have provided the CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern to check for the applicants:
- Exam Mode: CLAT 2022 exam will be held through offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Time Duration: Applicants will be provided 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & subjective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- No. of Questions: There will be 150 questions in UG & 150 questions in PG exam.
- Medium Language: Questions will be asked in English language medium.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Applicants must check following table to know marks distribution in PG exam:
|PG Law course
|Other law subjects such as Contracts, Torts,
Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.
CLAT Syllabus 2022:
Applicants appearing for the CLAT exam must be aware about the exam syllabus. Below we have mentioned CLAT syllabus section wise.
CLAT Syllabus includes 6 sections – English (including comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
applicants are advised to go through the complete CLAT syllabus through the information brochure. Some of the topic included in each section will be as:
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: It includes topics such as basic general knowledge, question of current events & happenings, national & international current affairs and much more.
- English including comprehension: It includes topics such as understanding of the passage & its central theme, meaning of words using therein, fill in the blanks
- Mathematics: In this section, candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.
- Legal Aptitude: It will include topics as study of law, research aptitude, and problem solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning: this section covers a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
CLAT Admit Card 2022:
The admit card for CLAT exam will be released 15 days before the exam. Applicants can download their admit card through online mode only. To download the applicants have to login using their login credentials. It is compulsory for the applicants to carry the admit card on the examination day.
The admit card will consist of details like candidate’s name, roll number, exam date and timing & venue for examination, along with exam related instructions.
CLAT Answer Key 2022:
CLAT 2022 Answer Key will be released after a few weeks of examination. It will be released by the month of June 2022. Applicants will have to gothrough the official website to check the answer key. It will be released through online mode.
Using the CLAT answer key, applicants will be able to assume their marks even before the result declaration. The answer key will contain answers to all the questions asked in the question paper.
CLAT Result 2022:
The official authority will release the CLAT 2022 result. Applicants will be able to check their result by entering their roll number & name. It can be declared in the last week of June 2022.
Result will consist of all the details like applicants name, roll number, marks secured in each subject, total marks, percentage, & result status (pass or fail).
CLAT Cut Off 2022:
CLAT Cut Off will be based on various factors such as no. of applicants, applicants marks scored in the examination, difficulty level of examination and much more. CLAT 2022 Cut off will be the minimum marks which applicants have to score in order ro qualify the examination.
Applicants can check the cut off after the declaration of the result. Only those applicants will be invited for counselling who will reach the cut-off criteria.
CLAT Counselling 2022:
CLAT 2022 counselling will begin after the declaration of CLAT result, the official authority will release the counseling schedule with all the guidelines. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of ranks, category and no. of available seats. To participate in the CLAT 2022 Counselling process, applicants will have to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 50, 000 for participation.
It will be compulsory for all category applicants to participate in the counselling process. The admission will be given to applicants after the fee payment & verification of the documents.
CLAT Preparation Tips 2022:
Below we have provided some tips and tricks for CLAT preparation exam:
- Make a proper schedule & strictly adhere to it.
- Prepare according to the exam pattern & syllabus.
- Regularly practice more and more mock tests.
- Do your revision on a regular basis.
- Take a healthy balanced diet.
- Do daily yoga and exercise.