CLAT 2024 Provisional Answer Key & Question Paper has been released on 4th December 2023. Exam Date has been announced. Common Law Admission Test, (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs provided by the 22 national law universities across the countries.
The CLAT exam is held every year by the consortium of National Law universities every year in the month of May. Every year huge number of students apply from across the country to get admission in to the NLU’s. Below in this article we have provided complete information regarding CLAT 2024 application process, exam dates, eligibility criteria and other details.
CLAT 2024 Notification: Answer Key Released
| CLAT 2024 Provisional Answer Key & Question Paper has been released on 4th December 2023. Click here for answer key & question papers.
CLAT 2024 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 3rd December 2023. Check other details below.
CLAT 2024 Admit Card has been released on 21st November 2023. Click to Download Admit Card through login.
Subscribe for You tube Channel NTA Exam Guide For Latest Updates. Click Here To Subscribe.
CLAT 2024 Exam Dates
Below we have provided the tentative exam dates for the CLAT 2024 examination:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|CLAT 2024 notification||15th May 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Application Start Date||1st July 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Application Form Last Date||10th November 2023|
|Release of CLAT 2024 Admit Card||3rd week of November 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Exam Date (Out)||3rd December 2023|
|Release of CLAT 2024 Answer Key||4th December 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Result Date||January 2024|
|CLAT 2024 Counseling Date||January 2024|
CLAT Application Form 2024:
- The application form of CLAT 2024 has been released.
- Applicants can fill the CLAT 2024 application form only through the online mode.
- At the time of registration, applicants must provide valid/ working email ID, & phone number in the application form.
- While filling the form applicants have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format and size.
- Applicants will also be provided a correction facility to make the necessary changes in the application form.
- After filling the form applicants are suggested to take the copy of the filled application form.
- The application fees for CLAT is Rs. 4000 for GEN/OBC/PWD category applicants.
- For SC/ST category applicants the application form fees is Rs. 3500.
- The fee can be paid using online mode only (Debit/credit card or Net Banking)
How to Apply for CLAT 2024:
Below we have provided the steps to fill the application:
- Step-1: Go through the official website of the Consortium of NLUs and click on the register button (Direct link will be provided above in this article).
- Step-2: Enter your email address, and phone number for registration.
- Step-3: Login to the website by using the phone number and password.
- Step-4: Enter all the details carefully.
- Step-5: Enter preference among the 22 national law universities.
- Step-6: Pay the required amount of application fees.
- Step-7: Upload the important documents.
- Step-8: Click on the submit button.
- Step-9: Take a copy of the application form for further usage.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024:
Applicants must check following CLAT eligibility criteria before applying for exam:
UG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Applicants must qualify 12th board examination from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: General/ OBC category applicants must score 45% marks in the qualifying exam & applicants with SC/ ST category must score 40% marks in order to be eligible.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible for the examination. In this case, applicants also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
PG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Applicants must have qualified LLB or any other qualifying examination to be eligible for the examination.
- Percentage: General category applicants must score minimum 50% marks, 45% for reserved category applicants to be eligible for the examination.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the qualifying exam will be also eligible for the examination. In this case, applicants will also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2024:
Below we have provided the CLAT 2024 Exam Pattern to check for the applicants:
- Exam Mode: CLAT 2024 exam will be held through offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Time Duration: Applicants will be provided 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & subjective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- No. of Questions: There will be 150 questions in UG & 150 questions in PG exam.
- Medium Language: Questions will be asked in English language medium.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Applicants must check following table to know marks distribution in PG exam:
|PG Law course
|Other law subjects such as Contracts, Torts,
Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.
CLAT Syllabus 2024:
Applicants appearing for the CLAT exam must be aware about the exam syllabus. Below we have mentioned CLAT syllabus section wise.
CLAT Syllabus includes 6 sections – English (including comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
applicants are advised to go through the complete CLAT syllabus through the information brochure. Some of the topic included in each section will be as:
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: It includes topics such as basic general knowledge, question of current events & happenings, national & international current affairs and much more.
- English including comprehension: It includes topics such as understanding of the passage & its central theme, meaning of words using therein, fill in the blanks
- Mathematics: In this section, candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.
- Legal Aptitude: It will include topics as study of law, research aptitude, and problem solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning: this section covers a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
CLAT Admit Card 2024:
The admit card for CLAT exam will be released 15 days before the exam. Applicants can download their admit card through online mode only. To download the applicants have to login using their login credentials. It is compulsory for the applicants to carry the admit card on the examination day.
The admit card will consist of details like candidate’s name, roll number, exam date and timing & venue for examination, along with exam related instructions.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- KSRM 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNIOT 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village, Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNA University 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School, Ahmedabad| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
CLAT Answer Key 2024:
CLAT 2024 Answer Key will be released after a few weeks of examination. It will be released by the month of June 2024. Applicants will have to gothrough the official website to check the answer key. It will be released through online mode.
Using the CLAT answer key, applicants will be able to assume their marks even before the result declaration. The answer key will contain answers to all the questions asked in the question paper.
CLAT Result 2024:
The official authority will release the CLAT 2024 result. Applicants will be able to check their result by entering their roll number & name. It can be declared in the last week of June 2024.
Result will consist of all the details like applicants name, roll number, marks secured in each subject, total marks, percentage, & result status (pass or fail).
CLAT Cut Off 2024:
CLAT Cut Off will be based on various factors such as no. of applicants, applicants marks scored in the examination, difficulty level of examination and much more. CLAT 2024 Cut off will be the minimum marks which applicants have to score in order ro qualify the examination.
Applicants can check the cut off after the declaration of the result. Only those applicants will be invited for counselling who will reach the cut-off criteria.
CLAT Counselling 2024:
CLAT 2024 counselling will begin after the declaration of CLAT result, the official authority will release the counseling schedule with all the guidelines. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of ranks, category and no. of available seats. To participate in the CLAT 2024 Counselling process, applicants will have to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 50, 000 for participation.
It will be compulsory for all category applicants to participate in the counselling process. The admission will be given to applicants after the fee payment & verification of the documents.
CLAT Preparation Tips 2024:
Below we have provided some tips and tricks for CLAT preparation exam:
- Make a proper schedule & strictly adhere to it.
- Prepare according to the exam pattern & syllabus.
- Regularly practice more and more mock tests.
- Do your revision on a regular basis.
- Take a healthy balanced diet.
- Do daily yoga and exercise.