CAT 2022 Application Form will be released soon in August 2022 through online mode. Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level entrance examination held by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), Ahmedabad.
Through this examination, qualified applicants will get admission in various PG Management programs offered by the IIMs institutions across the country. Other than IIMs, applicants can also use the CAT 2022 scores for admission in various PG Management Programs of Government and Private Management institutions.
Below in this article, we have provided complete detailed information applicants need to know about CAT Admission 2022.
CAT 2022 Notifications – Registration Soon
CAT 2022 Application Form will be released soon in August 2022 through online mode. Click here to Apply. The link will be provided here.
CAT 2022 Exam Dates
Below we have provided the complete official CAT Exam dates for 2022 session:
|Release of Notification||31st July 2022|
|Start of Registration Process||4th August 2022|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||22nd September 2022|
|Correction Window Begins||25th to 27th September 2022|
|Downloading of Admit card||27th October 2022|
|Mock Test||1st week of November 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam||28th November 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd week of December 2022|
|Last date for submission of Objection||2nd week of December 2022|
|Released of final Answer key||Last week of December 2022|
|Decalration of Result||3rd January 2022|
CAT Registration 2022:
Below we have provided the complete details applicants need to know before filling CAT 2022 Registration Form:
- The Registration Form has been made available through online mode only.
- Applicants can fill the CAT 2022 Registration form by 4th August 2022.
- Applicants have to fill the CAT 2022 application form with authentic and valid details only, as any invalid or wrong information could cause problem at the time of admission.
- Applicants must re-check their application form before paying the application fee.
- Applicants have to fill the application before last date of submission as, no applicants will be allowed after the last date of submission.
- CAT 2022 application process gets over on 22nd September 2022.
- Applicants are suggested to keep the copy of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
Applicants can submit CAT 2022 Application fee through online mode only. The Payment can be done through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking and UPI payment gateways only.
Below we have provided the application fee for CAT 2022:
|For SC/ ST and PWD||Rs.1000/-|
|For all other applicants||Rs.2000/-|
CAT 2022 Application Correction:
The correction facility will be applicable after few days from the completion of registration process. CAT Correction facility will be made available for the registered applicants through online mode.
The correction facility will remain available on the official website for 3-4 days. Applicants will be able to rectify the mistakes in the application form in few places. The facility will be applicable for few details only and majority of details like Name, Email ID etc. will remain unchangeable.
CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
Below we have provided the complete CAT eligibility norms applicants needs to fulfill to be eligible for examination:
- Required Qualification: Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved categories) in their bachelor’s degree.
- Age Limit: There will be no age or attempt limit to apply for CAT.
- Appearing applicants: Applicants appearing in the final year of bachelor degree are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants holding professional degrees like CA/ CS/ ICWA can also apply.
CAT 2022 Admit Card
Official authority has released the CAT Admit Card 2022 on 27th October 2022. The Admit card will be released for every successfully registered applicants only. CAT 2022 registered applicants can check their admit card through the website of CAT 2022 by online mode.
The admit card is a crucial document to be carried out on the day of examination as no applicants are permitted to attend for examination without admit card.
Applicants are suggested to keep the admit card safe till the completion of admission procedure as it can be required at the time of counselling.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern:
Below we have provided the complete CAT exam pattern details:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- Type of Questions: Question paper will contain both Objective and Non-Objective Type of questions.
- Duration: CAT Exam duration will be of total 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Test Centres: The test centres will be available all across the country.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in the objective type section. No negative marking will be done in the subjective section.
|Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Non MCQs||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (Section I)||24||10||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (Section II)||24||8||96|
|Quantitative Ability (Section III)||27||7||102|
CAT Syllabus 2022:
The CAT Syllabus will comprise of all three sections, i.e. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension & Quantitative Ability. The detailed syllabus for these sections are provided below:
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Bar Graphs and Column Graphs, Caselets and Tables, Venn Diagrams, Combination of two or more types linked to each other, Calendars, Cubes and Clocks, Line Charts & Pie Chart, Number and Letter Series, Binary Logic, Logical Matching, Connectives & Sequence.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: Analogies and Reverse Analogies, Facts Inferences Judgements, Grammar or English Usage, Fill in the blanks, Verbal Reasoning, Meaning/Usage Match, Summary Questions, Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based), Correction in Sentence, Reading Comprehension, Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage.
Quantitative Ability: Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration, Sequences & Series, Surds & Indices, Inequalities, Set Theory, Functions & Geometry, Mixtures & Allegations, Trigonometry, Profit, Loss & Discount, Percentages, Simple & Compound Interest, Logarithm, Binomial Theorem, Complex Numbers, Quadratic & Linear Equations, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Number Systems, LCM & HCF, Speed, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Averages.
CAT 2022 Answer Key:
Official authority will release the provisional answer key after few days from the day of examination. Applicants will be able to access the CAT 2022 Answer Key through the official website of exam conducting authority by online mode.
Applicants will have to use their CAT ID and Password to access their answer key. Along with the answer key authority will provide the objection facility for the answer key.
The objection facility will remain applicable for few days only. applicants will be able to raise objection by paying Rs. 1200/- per question. After the completion of objection facility authority will release the final answer key.
CAT 2022 Result:
The official authority will release the result after the release of final answer key. The result will be declared in 1st week of January 2022 through online mode only.
Official authority will release the result for every exam participated candidate. Authority will not send any result to any applicants individually by post or any other offline mode. Applicants will have to access their result itself by login into the website of exam conducting authority.
CAT Cut Off 2022:
The Cut Off rank is a minimum marks applicants will have to score to be eligible for further admission procedure. Every IIMs will separately release the CAT 2022 Cut off Marks for admission in there offered programs through online mode.
Below we have provided the previous year cut off of some IIMs:
CAT 2022 Admission Procedure:
There won’t be any centralized counselling for CAT 2022 examination, as every IIM will held separate counselling on the basis of CAT scores.
The CAT 2022 Admission Procedure will start after few weeks from the declaration of result. The final admission process will be held in the respective IIM Campuses. The admission procedure will be different for every IIMs, so applicants are suggested to visit the official website of each IIMs individually before applying for it.
Admission confirmation notice will be sent to every selected candidate through their registered email id and phone number. applicants will have to report in their allotted center within given period of time to accept the admission offer.
How to Prepare for CAT:
Below we have provided some effective CAT preparation tips that applicants can use for better preparation of examination:
- Go through a proper time schedule keeping the syllabus and Exam pattern in mind and follow it strictly.
- Regularly keep practising for the examination by participating in the mock tests.
- Solve previous year question papers for practise.
- Applicants can also use the CAT special preparation books.
- Keep the proper balance between study, sports & other activities.
- Stay fit & healthy and avoid any kind of unhealthy food.