NID Gandhinagar 2023 Admission has been done through NID Entrance Exam 2023. National Institute of Design (NID) was established in 2004 and is situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. NID has three campuses, namely NID Gandhinagar, NID Ahmedabad, and NID Bengaluru. National Institute of Design, Gandhinagar provides PG courses to students across Apparel Design, Lifestyle Accessory Design, New media design, and other streams.
Choice of the candidates in M.Des. admission will be done on the basis of scores obtained in the Design Aptitude Test (DAT). Candidates who hold a Bachelor’s degree, in every discipline beneath the 10+2+4/ 10+2+3 system with a minimum 50% marks be eligible for admission. Below, in this article, applicants will get the detailed information regarding the NID Gandhinagar 2023 Admission dates, application form, eligibility criteria, and admission procedure, etc.
NID Gandhinagar 2023 Notification – Admission Started
Course Offered by NID Gandhinagar:
|Bachelor OF Design, (B.Des)||N/A||4 years|
|Master Of Design, (M.Des)||15||2.5 years|
NID Gandhinagar 2023 Important Dates:
Below we have provided the schedule of NID Gandhinagar 2023 Important Dates for the candidates to refer:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023-24
- IIAD 2024, New Delhi| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024.Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now.
- Jaipur National University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
|B. Des Dates||M. Des Exam|
|Release of Official Notification||22nd October 2022||22nd October 2022|
|Released of Application Form,||22nd October 2022||22nd October 2022|
|Last Date to submit Application form||22nd December 2022||22nd December 2022|
|Last Date to submit application forms with late fee||25th December 2022||25th December 2022|
|Correction Window/ Edit Option||25th – 27th December 2022||25th – 27th December 2022|
|Downloading of Admit Card (Prelims)||2nd January 2023||2nd January 2023|
|NID 2023 Exam Date (Prelims)||8th January 2023||8th January 2023|
|Release of the Result (Prelims)||30th March 2023||28th February 2023|
|DAT Prelims rechecking request||30th March – 1st April 2023||28th February – 2nd March 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Card (Mains)||14th April 2023||9th March 2023|
|Exam Date (Mains)||29th – 30th April 2023||23rd April 2023|
|Release of the Result (Mains)||18th May 2023||16th May 2023|
|Starting Date of Counseling||18th May 2023||16th May 2023|
|Last Date of Counseling||To be announced||To be announced|
NID Gandhinagar 2023 Application Form:
Below we have provided the important information regarding the application form for the reference of the applicants:
NID Gandhinagar Admission 2023 Application Form has been Released. National Institute of Design, Gandhinagar provides an online state of the application to the candidates.
- Visit the official website of NID, and register before filling out the application form or go for the direct link provided above in this article.
- After registration, login credentials will be sent to the applicant through email.
- Log in and fill in every detail in the application form.
- Click on “Save and Proceed” to navigate through the “Upload Document” section.
- Upload to the required documents and proceed to pay for the application fee.
- Application fees can be paid through both online and offline mode.
- For online mode, pay the application fees via credit/debit card and for offline mode, pay the fees through DD for the benefit of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
Sending Demand Draft and a printed copy of Application form to:
The Project Manager- CMS
All India Management Association,
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003
|Seats||Fees for General/OBC (INR)||Fees for SC/ST/PWD (INR)||Fees for Overseas Candidates (INR)|
- Passport-sized photograph
- Caste certificate
- Tribe certificate
- Disability certificate
- Caste and Disability certificate
- Tribe and Disability certificate
- First and the Last page of passport (for the overseas candidates)
NID Gandhinagar 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Below we have provided the NID Gandhinagar Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria for the candidates to check before applying:
For B.Des/ M.Des
|B.Des & GDPD Programme||Applicants who have Passed/Appearing the 12th examination from the recognized educational board are eligible to apply.Applicants appearing in the qualifying examination have to submit proof of passing the examination at the time of admission||The upper age limit is 20 year on or before 30 June 2018
(For B.Des & GDPD Programme)
|M.Des Programme||Applicants who have passed/appearing bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 (or more) system are eligible to apply.Diploma in design under 10+2+4 system.
Applicants who passed the bachelor’s degree (in any discipline) before July 2017 under the system 10+2+3 are eligible to apply.
|30 years as on or before 30 June 2018. Relaxation of 3 years shall be given to the reserved category and 5 years relaxation for PWD candidates.|
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|M.Des||Apparel Design||15||Minimum 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 system||Based on the DAT score|
|Lifestyle Accessory Design||15|
|New Media Design||15|
|Strategic Design Management||15|
|Toy & Game Design||10|
|Transportation & Automobile Design||15|
- Applicants with a four-year Diploma in Arts/Architecture can also apply for admission.
- The Maximum minimum age for General candidates is 30 years, while for SC/ST & PWD the candidate, relaxation of three and five years is given respectively.
- In every specialization, two seats are designed exclusively for overseas candidates.
- The entrance exam DAT is being held in two stages- Prelims & Mains.
- The selection criteria will be based on:
- 30% weightage to DAT Prelims
- 70% weightage to DAT Mains
|Bachelor OF Design (B.Des)||N/A|
|Master Of Design (M.Des)||274,400|
NID Gandhinagar 2023 Admissions Process:
- Applicants can apply to the college through their NID DAT Admission Test conducted by the official authority.
- Applying must complete filling all the required criteria for the eligibility made under the admission Guidelines.
National Institute of Design is providing 2.5 years of M.Des program in seven disciplines with an intake of 100 seats. The minimum requirement for the eligibility for admission into the M.Des program is the fact that a candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any specification in accordance with the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 system with minimum 50% marks.
The reservation criteria followed by the college is as follows:
Placement & Internship:
National Institute of Design conducts Industry Interface on an annual basis to offer a meeting ground where prospective employers and students can meet and the employers to be able to identify suitable candidates for recruitment in their organization. This event is at the same time creating awareness among the industrial sectors/ firms/studios/ NGOs. / Govt. Sector / MSMEs NID and their different modes of operations.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Rating||Reputation||Education||Faculty||Infrastructure|
- It is one of the industry’s leading Fashion Institute in Gandhinagar.
- We’d like to give 4.6 out of 5 stars to Edufever the Best fashion design Institute in India.