IIT JAM 2024 Application Correction has been Started on 24th November 2023. The Examination will be held on 11th February 2024. The Joint Admission Test for Master’s (JAM 2024) is the national level entrance examination held by the various Indian Institute of Sciences and IITs in a rotational shift. This year’s examination will be held by the IIT, Roorkee.
The exam will be held for the Applicants willing to get admission in full-time M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programs at the IISc. Below in this article, we have provided the complete detailed information Applicants need to know regarding IIT JAM 2024 Admission.
IIT JAM 2024 Notifications – Application Correction Started
IIT JAM 2024 Application Correction has been started on 24th November 2023. Click to Check Edit Online through login.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Subscribe for You tube Channel NTA Exam Guide For Latest Updates. Click Here To Subscribe.
IIT JAM 2024 Exam Dates:
Below we have provided the complete exam dates of IIT JAM 2024:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Announced)|
|Online application form starts||5th September 2023|
|Last date to apply||25th October 2023|
|Last date to pay the fee||27th October 2023|
|Correction facility is opens||24th November 2023|
|Admit card releases||8th January 2024|
|Exam Date||11th February 2024|
|Release of provisional answer key||4th week of February 2024|
|Challenge against the answer key||4th week of February 2024|
|Result declaration||22nd March 2024|
|Availability of Score Card||2nd April 2024|
|Portal for admission opens||10th April 2023|
IIT JAM 2024 Application Form:
Below we have provided the complete details regarding the IIT JAM Application form 2024:
- The Application form has bene released through online mode.
- Applicants must have to fulfill their eligibility before applying for the examination, as only eligible applicants will be allowed to participate in the examination.
- The Application Form has been released on 5th September 2023.
- Applicants must have to submit the application form with correct and valid details only though the authority will provide the correction facility later.
- Applicants must submit the application form before 13th October 2023, as the official authority will not accept any application form after the last date of submission.
- Applicants should keep a copy of the filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee can only be submitted through online mode. Applicants are able to pay the application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking gateways.
Below we have provided the IIT JAM 2024 Application fee category and paper wise:
|Category||One Test Paper||Two Test Paper|
|Female/ SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|All candidates||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 2500/-|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria 2024:
Below we have provided the eligibility norms for IIT JAM 2024 Examination:
- Nationality: Both Indian, as well as Foreign national Applicants, can apply for IIT JAM 2024.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying Applicants should be bachelor’s degree holders in a relevant field with minimal educational qualifications (MEQs) from any recognized university.
- Required Marks: As per the new changes made in the eligibility requirement, the percentage of aggregate marks or CGPA/ CPI in qualifying degree has been relaxed to JUST PASS. Students are required to submit their proof of passing the qualifying degree by 30th September 2024.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the final examination of bachelor’s in 2024 can also apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
Minimum Marks: As per the new changes announced in the eligibility requirement for IIT JAM 2024, the percentage marks /CGPA/ CPI obtained in the qualifying degree is relaxed now to JUST PASS to be eligible to apply for IIT JAM 2024.
IIT JAM 2024 Admit Card:
Admit card is an important document to be carried out in the examination hall as no Applicants will be allowed to participate in the examination without admit card. The admit card will be released on 4th January 2024.
IIT JAM Admit Card will be released by the official authority through online mode. Applicants will be able to download their admit card by login into the official website of the exam conducting authority.
The official authority will not send any admit card to any Applicants individually through post or any other offline mode. Applicants are advised to keep the admit card safe till the completion of the admission procedure.
IIT JAM 2024 Exam Pattern:
Below we have provided the complete IIT JAM exam pattern:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Duration: 3 hours will be allotted to candidates to solve the paper.
- Medium: The exam will be in English language only.
- Total Questions: There will be total 60 questions in the exam.
- Subjects: There will be 7 subjects referred to test paper.
- Type of Questions: Paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- Marking Scheme: In MCQs paper will carry 1 mark questions, MSQs section will carry 2 marks per question and NAT section will have one or two marks per question.
- Negative Marking: For wrong answer to 1 mark question 1/3 mark will be deducted, and for wrong answer to 2-mark question 2/3 mark will be deducted. In MSQs & NAT section, no marks will be deducted.
Below we have provided the complete section-wise information of the IIT JAM 2024 Exam Pattern:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- KSRM 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNIOT 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village, Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNA University 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School, Ahmedabad| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple-choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple-choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2024 Syllabus:
The syllabus of IIT JAM 2024 will be comprised of all relevant science subjects. The questions will be asked from Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, etc.
Download FREE PDF for IIT JAM Syllabus:
|SUBJECTS||DOWNLOAD FREE PDF Here|
|PHYSICS (PH)||CLICK HERE|
|MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS (MS)||CLICK HERE|
|MATHEMATICS (MA)||CLICK HERE|
|GEOLOGY (GG)||CLICK HERE|
|ECONOMICS (EN)||CLICK HERE|
|CHEMISTRY (CY)||CLICK HERE|
|BIOTECHNOLOGY (BT)||CLICK HERE|
Below we have provided the subject wise IIT JAM 2024 syllabus:
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry, physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
The chemistry section will contain the questions from solid-state, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, mathematical concepts, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, theory of gases, electrochemistry, main group elements, bioinorganic chemistry, the basic concept of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical bonding and shapes, chemical thermodynamics etc. topics.
It includes probability, matrix, random variables, differential and integral calculus, sequence and series, estimation, limit theorem, joint distributions, sampling distributions, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory, sequence and series, real number, etc.
It has the topics such as mathematical methods, kinetic theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, oscillation waves and optics, electricity and mechanism, mechanics and general properties of matter, solid-state physics, devices and electronics, modern physics, etc.
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, paleontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology, mineralogy, etc.
IIT JAM 2024 Preparation Tips:
Below we have provided some effective IIT JAM preparation tips for better preparation:
- Avoid any kinds of distraction and keep your focus on the study.
- Make a proper study plan and follow it strictly.
- Visit the Exam pattern and Syllabus carefully.
- Keep the proper balance between games and study.
- Go through the mock tests and previous year’s question papers.
IIT JAM 2024 Answer Key:
The Answer key will be released after a few days from the completion of the examination. Applicants will be able to check their final answer key from March 2024 through the official website of the exam conducting authority.
The Answer Key will contain all the correct answers to every asked question in the examination. As the final Result of IIT JAM 2024 will be prepared on the basis of the final answer key so, with the help of the Answer key, Applicants will be able to predict their marks even before the declaration of the result.
IIT JAM 2024 Result:
The result will be released by the official authority through online mode. Applicants will be able to download their results from the March 2024.
Authority will not send any result to any Applicants individually through post or any other offline mode. Applicants will have to download themselves by entering their Enrolment ID/ Email ID and Password.
Authority will release the result for every exam participated Applicant individually. Applicants are suggested to keep their result safe till the completion of the admission procedure as the result will be the important document at the time of counseling.
IIT JAM 2024 Merit List:
The merit list will be released by the official authority after a few days from the declaration of the result. IIT JAM merit list 2024 will be released at All Indian levels. For each test paper, the authority will assign an All India Rank (AIR) to the Applicants based on their performance in the test paper.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of various aspects including the average marks scored by Applicants, category of Applicants, etc. The priority in the admission will be given to the top rank holder first.
IIT JAM 2024 Cut Off:
The Cut off marks will be the minimum marks released by the official authority for the applicants of every category separately. Each Applicant will have to score the above marks (As per their category) to be eligible for the counseling procedure.
After the declaration of cut-off marks, the authority will call the Applicants for participating in the counseling procedure. The counseling will be conducted on the basis of the Applicants’ AII India Rank (AIR) rank.
IIT JAM 2024 Counselling:
The Counselling Procedure will be held by the official authority from 11h April 2024. The counseling procedure will be held for every exam qualified Applicants through online mode.
The official authority will hold the counseling procedure in various rounds based on the seats available after each round of counseling. The Admission in offered programs will be provided on the basis of the Applicant’s rank in the rank list.
Each Applicant will have to report physically in the allotted centers to fulfill their admission otherwise allotted seat will be referred to another eligible applicant. In order to confirm the admission, Applicants will have to complete all the formalities including the Document verification, Fee Payment, etc.
IIT JAM 2024 Contact Number/ Helpline Number:
Organizing Chair, JAM 2024
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee – 247667, Uttarakhand, India
Email: [email protected]
Phone No.: (01332) 284531
Monday to Friday
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM
(Government working days only)