Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) is a co-operative and collaborative effort intended by SEMCI (India), a flag-bearer of the S. U. Foundation of India, to help out students who have commitment and determination and who display signs of excellence in their studies.
S. U. Foundation of India (SUFI) is an autonomous, self-funded and Non-Governmental Organisation engaged in works of serious concern about social, economic and educational welfare of individuals and groups with the help and co-operation of some very dedicated, educated and very serious and sincere people of the country. SUFI is the chief sponsor of NEST.
NEST Junior Scholarships are awarded to students of Class XI and XII studying in science stream only. A scholarships worth Rs.25,000/- to Rs.50,000/- each will be awarded to bona fide students of all government recognised schools/ colleges. Certificates of Appreciation are also awarded to all high scoring candidates in the test with All India Ranking (AIR).
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023-24
- IIAD 2024, New Delhi| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024.Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Jaipur National University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
NEST Junior Scholarship Amount
There are at least 10 scholarships of Rs. 25,000/- each to the top 10 scorers (Rs. 40,000/- to Rank #1 holder in the list).
The scholarships are awarded based on merit in an online test of 02 hours for 200 questions for 200 marks. The test comprises of four sections of 50 questions each (1 mark for each question) in Physics & Chemistry, Maths/Biology, English Language and Simple Logic & General Knowledge.
NEST Junior Scholarship 2023 Grading of Marks
|Grade A+||From 90% to 100%||From 180 to 200 Marks|
|Grade A||80% and below 90%||From 160 to 179 Marks|
|Grade B+||70% and below 80%||From 140 to 159 Marks|
|Grade B||60% and below 70%||From 120 to 139 Marks|
|Grade C+||50% and below 60%||From 100 to 119 Marks|
|Grade C||40% and below 50%||From 80 to 99 Marks|
NEST Junior Scholarship 2023 Certificates
Certificates of appreciation shall be awarded to all candidates who score above 40% aggregate of all the four sections in the test.
NEST Junior Scholarship 2023 Syllabus
The content and level of questions are based on SSC and HSC books prescribed by the CBSE, ICSE and other State boards in India. The test comprises of four sections as given below:
- Physics & Chemistry : (50 questions – 50 Marks)
- Maths / Biology : (50 questions – 50 Marks)
- English Language : (50 questions – 50 Marks)
- Logic & G.K : (50 questions – 50 Marks
NEST Junior Scholarship 2023 Test Centers
In all State Capitals and other major cities of India. Please check list on this website to choose a centre in or near your city, such as the following: Agra, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi & Ncr, Dhanbad, Durgapur, Ernakulam (cochin), Goa, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Meerut, Mumbai & Suburbs, Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Rohtak, Shimla, Trichy, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, etc
NEST Junior Scholarship Application Procedure
The application form for NEST scholarships can be downloaded from the website www.nest.net.in . Fill up the application form correctly and completely and paste your latest photographs in the spaces provided on it. Send the filled application form by registered post-courier with a requisite amount of DD in favour of SEMCI INDIA payable at Mumbai.
– There is no need for any attestation, verification or recommendation
– Do not attach any other documents except DD with the application form.
– NEST applicants can also form a group of two or more students and draw a single DD of the cumulative amount and send all the applications together in a single courier to save their money.
– Anyone who tops the list in a category cannot apply again in the same category.
– It is the prerogative of the college to charge Rs. 25/-per candidate as processing fee for collection and dispatch of application to NEST office if application are send through school/ college
NEST Junior Scholarship Contact Details
B-1, Piccadilly Flats, 57-J, Clare Road
Byculla, Mumbai- 400008
Phone : 022-6529 2506/ 6529 2507
Fax : 022-2782 2583
Mobile : 08976 08 4445