IIT JAM 2023 Admission List (4th & final) has been released on 7th July 2023. IIT JAM 2023 will be conducted by IIT, Guwahati. The Joint Admission Test for Master’s (JAM 2023) is the national level entrance examination held by the various Indian Institute of Sciences and IITs in a rotational shift.
The exam will be held for the Applicants willing to get admission in full-time M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programs at the IISc. Below in this article, we have provided the complete detailed information Applicants need to know regarding IIT JAM 2023 Admission latest updates.
IIT JAM 2023 Notifications – 4th Admission List Out
IIT JAM 2023 Admission List (4th & Final) has been released on 7th July 2023 through login. Click here for admission list.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
IIT JAM 2023 Admission List (3rd) has been released on 26th June 2023. Click here for admission list.
IIT JAM 2023 Admission List (2nd) has been released on 15th June 2023. Click here for admission list.
IIT JAM 2023 Admission List (1st) has been released on 1st June 2023. Click here to check list.
IIT JAM 2023 Application (Admission form) Last date has been extended till 27th April 2023 for fee payment & edit choices. Click here to register.
IIT JAM 2023 Correction has been re-opened for rectifying defects in admission form. Click here to rectify defects.
Subscribe for You tube Channel NTA Exam Guide For Latest Updates. Click Here To Subscribe.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Dates:
Below we have provided the complete exam dates of IIT JAM 2023:
|IIIT JAM Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Starting of online application form||7th September 2022|
|Last date of online application submission||14th October 2022|
|Last date to pay application fee for registered candidates||18th October 2022|
|Commencement of correction||10th November to 30th November 2022|
|Admit card release||11th January 2023|
|IIT JAM 2023 exam date||12th February 2023|
|Release of Answer Key/ papers & responses||22nd February 2023|
|Challenges against answer key||24th to 26th February 2023|
|Announcement of results||21st March 2023|
|Score Card||from 3rd April 2023|
|Submission of application for admission||11th April to 25th April 2023|
|1st Admission List Declaration||1st June 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for first admission list||7th June 2023|
|2nd Admission List Declaration||15th June 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for second admission list||21st June 2023|
|Opening and closing of withdrawal option||15th June to 2nd July 2023|
|3rd Admission List Declaration||26th June 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for third admission list||29th June 2023|
|4th admission list||7th July 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for fourth/ final admission list||10th July 2023|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2023||–|
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form:
Below we have provided the complete details regarding the IIT JAM Application form 2023:
- The Application form will be released through online mode.
- Applicants must have to fulfill their eligibility before applying for the examination, as only eligible applicants will be allowed to participate in the examination.
- The Application Form will be released on 7th September 2022.
- Applicants must have to submit the application form with correct and valid details only though the authority will provide the correction facility later.
- The IIT JAM correction facility is applicable from 3rd week of October to last week of October 2022 for a few fields only.
- Applicants must submit the application form before 2nd week of October 2022, as the official authority will not accept any application form after the last date of submission.
- Applicants should keep a copy of the filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee can only be submitted through online mode. Applicants are able to pay the application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking gateways.
Below we have provided the IIT JAM 2023 Application fee category and paper wise:
|Group/ Category||Application Fee|
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs.900/-||Rs.1250/-|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria 2023:
Below we have provided the eligibility norms for IIT JAM 2023 Examination:
- Nationality: Both Indian, as well as Foreign national Applicants, can apply for IIT JAM 2023.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying Applicants should be bachelor’s degree holders in a relevant field with minimal educational qualifications (MEQs) from any recognized university.
- Required Marks: As per the new changes made in the eligibility requirement, the percentage of aggregate marks or CGPA/ CPI in qualifying degree has been relaxed to JUST PASS. Students are required to submit their proof of passing the qualifying degree by 30th September 2023.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the final examination of bachelor’s in 2023 can also apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
Minimum Marks: As per the new changes announced in the eligibility requirement for IIT JAM 2023, the percentage marks /CGPA/ CPI obtained in the qualifying degree is relaxed now to JUST PASS to be eligible to apply for IIT JAM 2023.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- KSRM 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNIOT 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village, Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNA University 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School, Ahmedabad| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card:
Admit card is an important document to be carried out in the examination hall as no Applicants will be allowed to participate in the examination without admit card. The admit card will be released on 1st week of January 2023.
IIT JAM Admit Card will be released by the official authority through online mode. Applicants will be able to download their admit card by login into the official website of the exam conducting authority.
The official authority will not send any admit card to any Applicants individually through post or any other offline mode. Applicants are advised to keep the admit card safe till the completion of the admission procedure.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern:
Below we have provided the complete IIT JAM exam pattern:
- No. of Questions: There will be 60 questions in the question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The total of 3 hours will be provided to the applicants to complete the examination.
- Question Type: Questions will be in multiple-choice (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical answer type (NAT).
- Language: It will be asked in the English language only.
- Mode: The examination will be held online mode by CBT mode.
- Papers: There will be a total of 7 subjects including the newly added paper of Economics in last year.
- Total Marks: The question paper contains a total of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking will be only for section I.
Below we have provided the complete section-wise information of the IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern:
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple-choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple-choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus:
The syllabus of IIT JAM 2023 will be comprised of all relevant science subjects. The questions will be asked from Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, etc.
Download Free PDF for IIT JAM Syllabus:
|SUBJECTS||DOWNLOAD FREE PDF Here|
|PHYSICS (PH)||CLICK HERE|
|MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS (MS)||CLICK HERE|
|MATHEMATICS (MA)||CLICK HERE|
|GEOLOGY (GG)||CLICK HERE|
|ECONOMICS (EN)||CLICK HERE|
|CHEMISTRY (CY)||CLICK HERE|
|BIOTECHNOLOGY (BT)||CLICK HERE|
Below we have provided the subject wise IIT JAM 2023 syllabus:
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry, physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
The chemistry section will contain the questions from solid-state, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, mathematical concepts, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, theory of gases, electrochemistry, main group elements, bioinorganic chemistry, the basic concept of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical bonding and shapes, chemical thermodynamics etc. topics.
It includes probability, matrix, random variables, differential and integral calculus, sequence and series, estimation, limit theorem, joint distributions, sampling distributions, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory, sequence and series, real number, etc.
It has the topics such as mathematical methods, kinetic theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, oscillation waves and optics, electricity and mechanism, mechanics and general properties of matter, solid-state physics, devices and electronics, modern physics, etc.
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, paleontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology, mineralogy, etc.
IIT JAM 2023 Preparation Tips:
Below we have provided some effective IIT JAM preparation tips for better preparation:
- Avoid any kinds of distraction and keep your focus on the study.
- Make a proper study plan and follow it strictly.
- Visit the Exam pattern and Syllabus carefully.
- Keep the proper balance between games and study.
- Go through the mock tests and previous year’s question papers.
IIT JAM 2023 Answer Key:
The Answer key will be released after a few days from the completion of the examination. Applicants will be able to check their final answer key from March 2023 through the official website of the exam conducting authority.
The Answer Key will contain all the correct answers to every asked question in the examination. As the final Result of IIT JAM 2023 will be prepared on the basis of the final answer key so, with the help of the Answer key, Applicants will be able to predict their marks even before the declaration of the result.
IIT JAM 2023 Result:
The result will be released by the official authority through online mode. Applicants will be able to download their results from the 3rd week of March 2023. Applicants can download their scorecard from 1st week of April to last week of July 2023.
Authority will not send any result to any Applicants individually through post or any other offline mode. Applicants will have to download themselves by entering their Enrolment ID/ Email ID and Password.
Authority will release the result for every exam participated Applicant individually. Applicants are suggested to keep their result safe till the completion of the admission procedure as the result will be the important document at the time of counseling.
IIT JAM 2023 Merit List:
The merit list will be released by the official authority after a few days from the declaration of the result. IIT JAM merit list 2023 will be released at All Indian levels. For each test paper, the authority will assign an All India Rank (AIR) to the Applicants based on their performance in the test paper.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of various aspects including the average marks scored by Applicants, category of Applicants, etc. The priority in the admission will be given to the top rank holder first.
IIT JAM 2023 Cut Off:
The Cut off marks will be the minimum marks released by the official authority for the applicants of every category separately. Each Applicant will have to score the above marks (As per their category) to be eligible for the counseling procedure.
After the declaration of cut-off marks, the authority will call the Applicants for participating in the counseling procedure. The counseling will be conducted on the basis of the Applicants’ AII India Rank (AIR) rank.
IIT JAM 2023 Counselling:
The Counselling Procedure will be held by the official authority from 2nd week of April 2023. The counseling procedure will be held for every exam qualified Applicants through online mode.
The official authority will hold the counseling procedure in various rounds based on the seats available after each round of counseling. The Admission in offered programs will be provided on the basis of the Applicant’s rank in the rank list.
Each Applicant will have to report physically in the allotted centers to fulfill their admission otherwise allotted seat will be referred to another eligible applicant. In order to confirm the admission, Applicants will have to complete all the formalities including the Document verification, Fee Payment, etc.
IIT JAM 2023 Contact Number/ Helpline Number:
Organizing Chairman, JAM 2023
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati – 781 039, Assam, India
Email: [email protected]
Phone No.: (0361) 258 6500
Monday to Friday
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM
(Government working days only)